banner

banner

Friday, May 2, 2014

"Weak" in Review

I fished five times over the past week or so with not much to show. Trying to get out in between the hard east wind and rain was difficult, but I managed a few fish and a some surprises. My usual spots have been more crowded than usual due to the weather, late start of bass in the ocean and blues in the bay, and word of mouth. I feel mugged to say the least...

I've been picking up schoolie bass here and there on bubblegum Zoom's Super Flukes and white ice Paddletail Zoom's. Most have been 17-20" but the trend seems to be they are getting smaller as the season progresses. The outgoing seems to be producing better but I've caught fish at all tide stages so far this year.

My smallest schoolie of 2014 - 13" caught on May 2nd


 One eyed bass tagged and released, hopefully I get a return on this guy


Night fishing has been prodcuing some fish as well and finding the right lights have been paying off. My buddy Captain Jim finally slimed his new Slayer, the other night.


Some other supirses over the past week were to return of some decent sized weakfish to Barnegat Bay. Guys have been picking them up near the Sod Banks by the Inlet on pink Fin-S. We have been regularly getting into them each trip with the biggest so far close to 26". Should be picking up as the water warms up.




No comments:

Post a Comment