banner

banner

Tuesday, June 10, 2014

A Bittersweet Day

Today was a bittersweet day. I sold my Hobie Outback, but she went to a good home. I spent the past 3+ years with her and I fished her hard, very hard. From togging bridges, road trips to far away fishing grounds, and catching monster stripers she has never let me down.

But with every door closed and new ones opens and I am happy to say that I am now a Hobie Fishing Team Member! A big thanks to Pat at Jersey Paddler in Brick, NJ for hooking me up with a brand new 2014 Hobie Pro Angler 14 and getting me on the team!


I spent Sunday morning fishing the Manasquan River for fluke and blues with some fellow Googans. Chris and I drove up together and planned on swinging by Jersey Paddler on the way home to say hi. We caught some flatties on bucktails and gulp and a bunch of blues on plugs and poppers, which was a blast. My only regret was not having the GoPro running when a chopper blue jumped at Chris's popper a foot next to his boat!
After the fishing frenzy we stopped by to talk to Pat and he surprised me by saying I will drop the Pro Angler off tomorrow at my shop, unless ya wanna take it now. I said sure! We loaded the new rig up, still in her shiny white bubble wrap and strapped my Outback on top for the half hour ride home.

I got her home and it was time for the unwrapping. It was pretty straight forward and easy to get everything together. The wife and kids were down the street at the lake so going out fishing was out of the question. Next best thing was taking the kids out for her maiden voyage!

Peddling was a dream and I think it was easier then in my Outback. Standing was great too and there was so much room. I am 100% happy with the boat and can't wait to get her slimed up! 


I put the Outback up on a few websites and had some interest in it. It sold 8 hours after I listed it for a price I was willing to let her go for. She was going to a good home to a good fisherman. She has lots of mojo and a ton of fishing left to do with her new owner!

No comments:

Post a Comment