banner

banner

Friday, June 13, 2014

Oceangrip Deck Padding

I wanted to customize my PA14 a little more beside the regular stuff everyone has on their boats. I wanted to go the route of deck padding and there were two choices guys were using, Seadek and Oceangrip. It seemed Seadek was on a lot more boats but with some research I found some guys who installed the Oceangrip and were happy and they said it was the same as Seadek. My buddy Chris has the Seadek in the Army Camo and is very happy with it.

There was quite a bit cost difference between the two. Seadek costs $150.95 for the front half of the boat and Oceangrip was $130.00 for the entire boat. To me it was a no brainer especially if the padding was the same. Oceangrip also seemed to have more colors already cut and ready to ship then Seadek who only have two colors at the time.

I ended up speaking to a employee of Oceangrip on facebook who answered my questions and I ordered up the full deluxe kit in storm grey. Three days later the padding arrived and I installed it in my shop. Chris helped me, as he had already installed his Seadek, and he said it was pretty much the same products. Fitment was good but some areas it was a hair off, like around the rear hatch. It was fairly easy with tow people and it could be a one person job but the extra hands help, especially with someone who knew what to do.

Overall I am very happy with the product and also it was priced right. It changes the whole look and feel of the Pro Angler and can't wait to bloody it up!

Dry fitting all the pieces










No comments:

Post a Comment